The Department of Mathematics Education is meant to develop professional expertise among the mathematics teachers of Primary and Secondary schools. It also devises the various programmes in Mathematics for promotion of Mathematics learning among the children and community at large.
Objective and Functions:
- Preparation of curriculum for Primary, upper primary and secondary classes
2.Conduct of workshops.
- Preparation of enrichment material for the teachers of primary schools, upper primary and secondary classes.
- Conduct of Training programme for the teachers of primary, upper primary and Secondary teachers.
- Development of Mathematics Laboratory
- Consultative services for the training of teachers.
- Collaboration with SSA in development of teacher modules and self instructional materials.
- Field visits to the schools, DIETs and CTEs and providing academic support.